The arch was originally two separate arches when it was at Low Ham. When it was moved to its current location in 1873-4 on the High Street in Sparkford, the two arches were rebuilt back to back to act as a gateway to Hazelgrove House, which belonged to the Mildmay family. However when the Sparkford Bypass was built it was cut off from Hazelgrove House and is now a gateway to nowhere.
The arch was built of grey lias and faced with ham stone.
Grid reference: ST 600 260
Triumphal Arch, High Street, Sparkford