Fyne Court's most famous resident was Andrew Crosse (1784-1855) who performed experiments with electricity from around 1816. Fyne Court itself was destroyed in a fire in 1894. Only the Music Room, folly, some outbuildings and the boathouse survived. It is believed that the fire was started by a candle left unattended by a maid. The estate is owned and managed by the National Trust, who acquired it in 1967. From 1973 to 2009 the site was managed by the Somerset Wildlife Trust, who had their headquarters there until 2004.
Grid reference ST 222322