At the east end of the Market Place in Shepton Mallet stands a restored and re-erected bay of the town's 15th century shambles. They are made of oak and have a pantiled roof. The shambles originally stood along the north and south sides of the market place and were separated from the adjacent houses by a 10-15 feet wide gangway. The shambles on the south side were demolished in the early 19th century but those on the north side survived until 1919.
Shambles in Shepton Mallet Market Place