The farmstead may have been a tenement of Buckland Priory, which was located at Durston. It was known as Buncombe Farm in 1801 but had changed its name to Ball's Cottages by 1888. It looks on the 25" scale Ordnance Survey map as though it might have been divided into 2 cottages at some point.
West end of Ball Cottages
West gable end wall of Ball Cottages
West end gable wall from inside
Remains of the fireplaces on the ground and first floors
Inside of the west gable end wall
Remains of the outbuilding
West gable end